My Daughter's Memory Quilt


When my daughter moved she left behind some of her clothing and the clothing from my grandchildren. When asked what am I to do with all of these clothes; she said make blankets and that's what I'm doing. I cannot tell you how many outfits I have used, however I used about 15 adult shirts. The above pictures shows both sides of the quilt. In future posts and in my Google+ page you may see more of my quilts made with clothing.

Unlike other memory quilts people tend to cut out specific portions. My thought is what a waste of fabric I try to use as much fabric as possible. Seeing that I hope that these blankets will be around for many years. We tend to forget where certain items come from especially in children's clothing. For example; my granddaughter's first Christmas onsie and my grandson's overall shorts outfit. I removed as much of the heavy spots such as hems and seems depending on the type of clothing. If the outfit had buttons, snaps, or pockets I might leave them in place and just sew it shut. Depending on the use or location I might leave pockets functional.

Comments

Post a Comment

Did you miss a post?

Turned Pens and More